Firstly hi, I don't know any of you yet but am picking up Python and will be lurking here a lot lol. I am a hobbiest coder (did 3 out of 4 years of a comp tech degree, long story) and am learning Python, 'cos I saw some code and it just looks a really nice language to work with. I come from C++, so I am bound to trip up trying to do things the wrong way!

I have been working with Project Euler to get the hang of Python, and all goes well. I have an idea for a small project, an overly simplistic interactive fiction engine (well more like those old choose your own adventure books, used to love those!) that uses XML for its map files. The main issues I see so far is the XML parsing (I should pick that up ok, I have a blackbelt in google-foo), but more importantly splitting code files.

In C++ I would obviously split .cpp and .h files, pairing them up and using #include. How do I do this in Python? I see that you don't tend to split logic from defenition, but how do I keep different classes in different files? My google-fu fails me so far.