On 7/02/2009 3:28 AM, K-Dawg wrote:

You might like to seek out the python-win32 mailing list for stuff like this where more people tend to pay attention to windows problems.

This works if I call run() specifically. But when I try to initiate the
thread with .start() I get the following error

Unfortunately threads and COM are tricky. The short story is that you can't, in the general case, pass a COM object from one thread to another. You need to google "COM threading models", and if you *really* want to pass objects between threads, the impressively named MSCOM function CoMarshalInterThreadInterfaceInStream (exposed via the pythoncom module). The above mailing list has had a number of threads on this issue over the years...

Cheers,

Mark