Steve Holden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>>
>> I believe Dreamweaver-esque.  I see myself writing articles and
>> eventually doing snazzy eye candy layouts.  I do not see myself
>> engaging in elaborate flow control or anything terribly programmatic.
>>  I want to concentrate on the content, not the mechanism.
>>

> I've stayed out of this one so far because of a natural disinclination
> to join religious discussions, but sine we are now talking good common
> sense I'd like to ask whether a *batch-oriented* system for folding
> database content into a static web site with common look-and-feel
> would be of interest.
>
> Now PyCon is over I've been able to blog about the techniques used to
> generate the web site at http://www.holdenweb.com/, and most recently
> about using reStructured Text in the database to ease authorship
> problems for the less-taxing content. See
>
> http://www.holdenweb.com/blogs/2005/04/versioned-reviews-implemented-po
> st.html
>
> to determine whether the overall approach would work for you.

I have 2 goals:

1) to worry about plumbing as little as possible, as I generate articles
and content.  Once a framework is established, this can be handled
"cookie cutter."

2) to create a unique brand identity based on good eye candy.  For this
part of the problem, the website cannot look generic.  At a minimum, I
would need a facility that allows me to painlessly arrange my own 2D
artwork.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur