Michael Pobega a écrit :
I'm looking for opinions on the best toolkit for a beginner to use with
wxPython.

wxPython *is* a GUI toolkit (or, more exactly, a python binding for wxWidgets).

wxWidgets seems nice because it's portable, but I'm not sure how many of
my libraries are portable (a lot of them seem to import os),  while Glade
seems extremely simple to make a UI

Glade is a (graphical) GUI *builder* for the GTK+ toolkit - it' not a toolkit itself. So you're comparing apples to gorillas.

FWIW, there is (was ???) a Glade-like graphical builder for wxWidgets named wxGlade.