[Didn't realize the mirror didn't work both ways]

We just upgraded Python to 2.6 on some of our servers and a number of our CGI
scripts broke because the cgi module has changed the way it handles POST
requests.  When the 'action' attribute was not present in the form element on
an HTML page the module behaved as if the value of the attribute was the URL
which brought the user to the page with the form, but without the query
(?x=y...) part.  Now FieldStorage.getvalue () is giving the script a list of
two copies of the value for some of the parameters (folding in the parameters
from the previous request) instead of the single string it used to return for
each.  I searched this newsgroup looking for a discussion of the proposal to
impose this change of behavior, and perhaps I wasn't using the right phrases in
my search, but I didn't find anything.  I see that Perl still behaves the way
pre-2.6 Python used to (not that I view that as a reason for anything).  We'll
work around the breakage by explicitly setting the 'action' attri
bute everywhere, of course, but I usually see some discussion (often heated) of
the impact of behavior changes on existing software when something like this is
in the works.  Did I miss it?

I also noted that the module is making some deprecated use of the BaseException
class.

Cheers.