On Feb 20, 3:56 pm, Lionel <lionel.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 3:52 pm, Chris Rebert <c...@rebertia.com> wrote:
>

> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Lionel <lionel.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hello all:
>
> > > I've crafted several classes and exceptions which I've stored in a
> > > file called "DataFileType.py". I then invoke them from within other
> > > files like this:
>
> > > # Top of file
>
> > > import sys
> > > sys.path.append("c:\DataFileTypes")
>
> > Recall that the backslash is the escape character in Python and that
> > therefore you need to put \\ to get a backslash in the resulting path
> > string. Thus, the path you think you're adding isn't the path that's
> > getting added.
> > Alternatively, you can just use forward slashes instead (yes, that
> > works on Windows from Python).
>
> > Cheers,
> > Chris
>
> > --
> > Follow the path of the Iguana...http://rebertia.com
>
> But I'm only using a single backslash in the first example I gave, and
> it works just fine there. How can this be?

You must be running the python script from a directory where the file
you are trying to import is already in the path. It never tries to
look in the (bad) path because it found a file with the same name
locally. My guess is that you are running the wx example from another
location, and that is when you run into problems.

Matt