En Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:29:07 -0200, venutaurus...@gmail.com <venutaurus...@gmail.com> escribió:

        First of all thanks for your response. I've written a function
as shown below to recurse a directory and return a file based on the
value of n. I am calling this fucntion from my main code to catch that
filename. The folder which it recurses through contains a folder
having files with unicode names (as an example i've given earlier.

def findFile(dir_path):
    for name in os.listdir(dir_path):
        full_path = os.path.join(dir_path, name)
        print full_path
        if os.path.isdir(full_path):
            findFile(full_path)

Here, you're simply discarding the result from the recursive call. Try something like this:

             result = findFile(full_path)
             if result is not None:
                 return result

        else:
            n = n - 1
            if(n ==0):
                return full_path

Now, what happens if you forget about findFile and try with a direct name instead?

fpath = r"E:\DataSet\Unicode\UnicodeFiles_8859\001_0006_test_folder\0003testUnicode_ÍÎIÐNOKÔÕÖ×ØUÚÛÜUUßaáâãäåæicéeëeíîidnokôõö÷øuúûüuu.txt.txt"
st = os.stat(path)
print st

--
Gabriel Genellina