wongobongo wrote:
On Feb 24, 9:34 am, Dario Traverso <traver...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been trying to install the Python Image Library (PIL) on my Mac OSX Leopard laptop, but have been running into some difficulties.

I've built the library, using the included setup.py script. The build summary checks out ok, and sounds the option libraries to all be found. I grabbed both libjpeg and freetype2 using fink.

I did a similar thing, but not using Fink, on my mac (running osx 10.4)
I documented the procedure I had to take to get it to work:
http://www.razorvine.net/frog/user/irmen/article/2008-08-02/127

It's in Dutch but you can probably figure it out.
I guess since you were on 10.5 that you have to adapt the
'DEPLOMENT_TARGET' variable in a suitable manner.

Hope it helps,

--irmen