Muddy Coder schrieb:
Hi Folks,

ClientForm is cool at grabbing and parsing stuff from server, I like
it. After the stuff parsed, and even filled values for the Controls, I
popped up an idea of displaying what I had done with webbrowser. Look
at the code:

import ClientForm
import urllib2
import webbrowser

request = urllib2.Request(url)
response = urllib2.urlopen(request)
forms = ClientForm.ParseResponse(response, backwards_compat=False)
...parsing and filling forms

# now I want to display the forms I modified, with webbrowser
webbrowser.open_new_tab (???)

??? is supposed to be a url. But this moment I want to display the
form I filled. Obviously webbrowser takes url as argument rather than
a form.  Is there other options to do this? Somebody can help? Thanks!

I don't think that ClientForm supports this out of the box, as "filling out a form" probably means something very different in terms of internal representation for a browser and ClientForm. But *if* you can get it to spit out the HTML, you can open the browser and point it to a file copy of your html.

But you'd need to rewrite all resource links first, to point absolutly to the host the page came from.

All in all I don't think this is the road to success. If you really want something like this, learn how to code an extension to firefox that does this. Or use e.g. selenium + selenium server to remote control firefox through python.

Diez