Rey Bango wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to upgrade the installed version of Python that came standard
on OS X (Leopard) with either 2.6.1 or 3.0.1. Before I stick my foot
in it, I just wanted to get a better understanding of the process.

If I download the disk image installer from here:
http://www.python.org/download/
will it allow me to upgrade my existing version or is it more involved
(eg: making a new build).

I've looked through the python.org page for upgrade instructions for a
Mac and haven't found it.

Any help would be appreciated.

The current recommendation is 2.x until 3.x has reached 3.1, unless you
want to try out 3.0.1 so you're ready for when 3.1 arrives.