On 2009-03-09 13:52, R. David Murray wrote:
"Werner F. Bruhin"<werner.bru...@free.fr>  wrote:
Tarek Ziadé wrote:
The Python Langage Summit is coming up. To prepare this event, I have
put online a survey you can take to tell us a bit more about you and
how you package your Python applications.

     * Who should take the survey : any Python developer that packages
and distributes his code, no matter how.
     * Take the survey: http://tinyurl.com/package-survey
Get the following error on this link:
Secure Connection Failed

mdp.cti.depaul.edu uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is only valid for Massimo Di Pierro
The certificate expired on 01/03/2009 07:56.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)

The web _really, really_ needs some sort of mechanism for a site
to say "I'm not claiming anything about my identity, I'm just
providing you an https channel over which to talk to me
securely".

If I don't claim an identity and provide a way for you to authenticate that claim, the channel is vulnerable to a man-in-the-middle attack and, therefore, is not secure. It would provide moderate protection against naive eavesdropping, though. Is that what you meant?

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco