On 14.04.2005, at 19:17, Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:39:14 +0200, rumours say that harold fellermann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> might have written:

Hi all,

I want to use curses in a server application that provides a GUI for
telnet clients. Therefore, I need the functionality to open and handle
several
screens.

Just to make sure we understand what you want to do:

1. Are you doing an single process application that produces output on
many terminals?  ie the program is kind of like a service?

gotcha. I want to write a TCP server that handles incoming requests in threads (one thread per request using SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer). Now, I want the server to use curses for client-server communication (client will be telnet). Thus, my programm runs in a single process (although several threads) and provides several curses screens (one for each client.)

Concerning
http://dickey.his.com/ncurses/ncurses-intro.html#init
this can be done using the function newterm(type,ofp,ifp). However, this
function seems not to be defined in the python library. Does anyone know
how this can be done in python?

Select one of the above, or describe more the desired situation if I didn't cover your case, and we will try to help you more.

great, thanks,

- harold -

--
Dieses Schreiben wurde maschinell erstellt und bedarf daher keiner Unterschrift.