En Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:52:38 -0200, Royce Wilson <rww...@gmail.com> escribió:

Thanks, much better. What exactly do I lose when I launch python without
site.py?

site.py completes the module search path (sys.path), adding the site-packages directory, processing .pth files, and other per-site and per-user configurations. Also, configures some options in the interactive interpreter (processing PYTHONSTARTUP, enabling interactive help() support, and the builtin quit/exit/license/credit/copyright functions)

Disabling site.py (and cropping the standard library) only makes sense for an embedded interpreter - a "normal" installation, for "general" usage, should be complete IMHO.

--
Gabriel Genellina