On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 04:34:57 -0000, W. eWatson <notval...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I happened to notice that BJ and Rhondi started a small subthread to

Nice to know your observation skills are up to scratch :-(

this, so I thought I'd explore it. It led to interesting things, but not for its content. I reviewed some things. I'll do you the courtesy or wrapping this up.

I'll get straight to the point and be a minimal as possible in my response, without accusing or implying anyone of anything.

My guess is that the first culprit was here:
    entry = Entry(master, width=10, ...
    entry.insert(0,self.slowdown)   <--- no affect.

Erm, no.  You stated (and showed us the code) that it was
     entry = Entry(master,...).grid(...)

*big* difference, and

     entry.insert(0, self.slowdown)

*raises an exception*, which is a long way from having no effect.