alex goretoy wrote:
ok now for the final result, i decided to split options out to a separate dict of lists, does this look right to every one, I currently have error somewhere else in my code so can't test this right now, Is this a good method to do this? or is there another option?

[snip]
First of all, *don't use "is" and "is not" to test for equality*; use "==" and "!=".

When you split the options out like that you get duplication.

You have, for example:

    "colors": ["c", "cl", "col", ...]

and:

    "imp_colors": ["c", "cl", "col", ...]

Couldn't you put them into one dict, something like:

   "colors": ("imp_colors", ["c", "cl", "col", ...])