gert wrote:
On Mar 25, 1:23 am, Steven D'Aprano
<ste...@remove.this.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:45:26 -0700, gert wrote:
Rename all built in classes with a capital letter example Str() Int()
Object()
Make () optional for a function definition class Test:
    pass
def test:
    pass
Any chance Guido would approve this :-)
Unless you're volunteering to produce a patch, the chances are zero.

No. He just made clear today that he values stability over non-functional consistency changes -- especially now that 3.0 is out.

If you *are* willing to do the work, the chances would still be pretty
slim. Guido has just rejected a patch adding PEP 8 compliant aliases for
types like datetime, so I think replacing built-ins have all-but zero
chance. But if you want to pursue it, the right place is the python-ideas
mailing list. Go for it ... but be prepared to justify the change, and
not just "for consistency". As Guido has quoted before, "A foolish
consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds".

Its only foolish because it breaks everything, but it would not be
foolish on a syntax level.
Not that I can't live without, but I am just wondering why they did
not do this in the first place?

As I remember, int, str, etc, once *were* functions (or at best types) rather than callable class objects. Before 2.2, built-in types and user-defined classes were separate categories of entities.

tjr