Kevin Ar18 wrote:
I just installed Python 3 64bit on Vista 64bit.
I am having several issues:

1. I cannot launch python by typing "python" anywhere in the command line.  (I
added the Python directory to my PATH variable by the way).

2. Double clicking .py files does not run the files like it used to with 2.5

3. Running a setup.py file for a package I downloaded gives the error:
  File "...\Posterity-0.6\setup.py", line 5, in
 <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ImportError: No module named setuptools

I couldn't get this to work for Python 2.5 either (same error).

4. easy_install does not work period.  It did not work for Python 2.5 either.

Well, just to clarify something which may not be
obvious to you: easy_install (and setuptools on which it
is based) are not part of Python as such. They are 3rd-party
add-ons which you can get by downloading ez_setup.py:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py

and running it as:

ez_setup.py -U setuptools

(at least I think that's the incantation).
From there you ought to be able to run easy_install

TJG