On 2009-03-26 19:27, rolandschulz wrote:
On Mar 26, 2:41 pm, Pavol Juhas<pavol.ju...@gmail.com>  wrote:
This has nothing to do with numpy, the issue is the string "%"
operator
cannot convert list to a float (Line 3 in your example gives a list).
In '"%f" % x' the x has to be a number or tuple.

Does not work:
     print "%f" % [1.0]

Yes that helps. Why is it that the %-operator requires a tuple and
does not work with a list?

Thus why doesn't this work: "%d %d"%[2,2]
but instead it has to be: "%d %d"%tuple([2,2])
or: "%d %d"%(2,2)

Allowing only a single sequence type to represent a collection of arguments for interpolation (as opposed to a single argument for a single % interpolation marker) helps resolve some ambiguities:

  '%s' % ['something']
  '%s' % ('something',)

--
Robert Kern