W. eWatson wrote:
It looks like PyFits downloads are for Linux. Isn't there anything available for Win (xp)?
I'm now on the scipy mail list. Things look hopeful, according to the first respondent, to meet my criteria mentioned in another sub-thread to this one:
"I'm hoping the use of this library will be relative simple for my
purposes, which are basically to write an image to a fits file with a
somewhat simple header, which might include lat/long, date, image size,
date-time, and a comment."

Apparently, the first chapter or several pages or so of a manual distributed with PyFits is enough.

The link I mentioned in another sub-thread here about the U of Wash. is <http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/rowen/>

--
                               W. eWatson

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>