En Fri, 10 Apr 2009 21:14:01 -0300, norseman <norse...@hughes.net> escribió:
norseman wrote:
Gabriel Genellina wrote:
En Fri, 10 Apr 2009 14:50:57 -0300, norseman <norse...@hughes.net> escribió:

However, in order to explain my problem, I need to control the font
since text graphics only work for a given font. It's as small as I can
get it.
I didn't understand what your problem is actually.
 UUHHmmmmmmmm    Did you read the pdf?

Yes (and I guess not many people would do). It wasn't clear *what* you were asking until this post.

To Wit: I re-read the contents of the pdf and I think I can see where I wasn't completely clear on the differences between grid and parcel.

(are you sure the grammatical issues are relevant at all...?)

I need some way to get things of different sizes onto the backdrop - where I want them, regardless. Something like, backdrop is 10 inches wide and 5 inches tall. First piece of paper is 2x2 inches and second is 6x3 (goes under first) and third is 4 x 2 and goes next to first and on top of second. And so on.
Tkinter (actually Tk) isn't liking me very much.

Now, if the above paragraph really summarizes your problem, I think you should use the "place" geometry manager, not grid (nor pack). The Tkinter documentation [1] is rather short but the Tcl docs [2] have more info.

[1] http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/place.htm
[2] http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkCmd/place.htm

--
Gabriel Genellina