Stuart Davenport wrote:
On 11 Apr, 08:52, Scott David Daniels <scott.dani...@acm.org> wrote:
Stuart Davenport wrote:
... I'm on a OS X, python 2.5.... Then the GPS program I have
running on my MAC, RouteBuddy, can read the data from that serial port
as standard.
I'ms confused by this statement.  What physical connector does your
"serial port" use to get the serial data to the Mac? I only have one 3-year old Mac laptop to look at, and I just don't see anything that I
would call a serial port.

Scott, many thanks for the advice....
No problem.  I was short earlier because I wanted to spend time helping
someone out, not pulling clues out.  If I have an hour to answer some
questions, I'd rather read something that let's me hep out.  I figured
you might get a good answer if you asked something with full context,
and there were _way_ too many variables to get you an answer from what
you started with.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.dani...@acm.org