AJ Mayorga wrote:

Hello all,

I am looking for a way to statically compile pythonxx.dll into my C++ application, so that I can use It as an internal scripting language and either run the native python code or take an ELF from py2exe/pyinstaller and run that.

The machines that will have my C++ app running on them do not have python and I cannot install it as part of my application. Any Ideas?

AJ

Sure, that's easy.

http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/ext/embedding.html

That should do what I think you want.

Picky note: The phrase "statically compile pythonxx.dll into my C++ application" is not quite correct. A DLL is dynamically linked, not statically linked. All this means is that you ship pythonxx.dll with your application along with any other DLLs and pyd files you might need. But don't worry, you can do what you want.

Terms:
Embedding = Using python inside an application that is written in another language (usually C/C++). This is what you are asking about. Extending = Making your C/C++ code callable from python. (there are actually several alternatives available, but that is another topic).

Enjoy,
Ken