Raymond Hettinger wrote:
I will not change the sentence to "return false if any element
of the iterable is false."  The negations make the sentence
hard to parse mentally

Just as a ribbing, that "return X if any element of the iterable is X" is of the same form as the original. The negation is only of the X, not of the sentence structure.

I will probably leave the lead-in sentence as-is but may
add another sentence specifically covering the case for
an empty iterable.

as one of the instigators in this thread, I'm +1 on this solution.

Changing the implementation of all() would break waaaay too much stuff, so I'm -1 on that. Adding a one-sentence clarification to the docs is a heckuva lot easier.

P.S.  Now maybe we can start a new thread about why sum([])
returns zero ;-)

NOOOOooooooo!  (runs screaming) :-)

-tkc