On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:18:03 +0100, norseman <norse...@hughes.net> wrote:

One suggested I change the subject line - OK
I also replaced the [TAB]s since I noticed the Emailer seems
to get very confused with them.

Problem:
         Using Python 2.5.2 and Tkinter ??? (came with system)
         List made and for loop in use
         lst=[ ("S", "Single"), .....]

         for mode, text ....
                 c = Radiobuton(.....
                 c.pack()

At this point the program runs, but I cannot control gray-out of a
specific Radiobutton.

         If I:

         counter=0
         for mode, text ....
                 c[counter] = Radiobuton(specified_frame,..
                 c[counter].pack()
                 counter += 1
         .
         .
         blockUseOf= $varSetElsewhere
         c[blockUseOf].config(state = strSetElsewhere)

Program crashes on Radiobutton line.

And what, pray, did the traceback say?  What was |c| before
you started that last loop of Radiobutton creation?