On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 18:18:39 +0100, dasacc22 <dasac...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ah thank you for clarifying, I did confuse instance and class
attributes from creating the list in the class def. I actually just
spiffed up that class to represent a portion of a much larger class
that needs getter and setter for children. Doing as you said fixed my
problem, heres the code as reference for w/e

class Widget(object):
    _children = None
    _parent = None

    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        self.children = []
        self.parent = parent

    @property
    def children(self):
        return self._children

    @children.setter
    def children(self, obj):
        self._children = obj

    @property
    def parent(self):
        return self._parent

    @parent.setter
    def parent(self, obj):
        if obj:
            print obj
            obj.children.append(self)
            self._parent = obj

1.  Please don't top-post, it really doesn't help legibility.
2.  This is an artist's impression of a photograph of a greek translation
of your code.  I wouldn't use it as a reference for anything except how
to terminally confuse yourself.