Ned Deily <n...@acm.org> writes:

> In article
> <ec96e1390905090735p40bd6c21w5606c521c4c16...@mail.gmail.com>,
>  Benjamin Kaplan <benjamin.kap...@case.edu> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Raoul Gough
>> <bvdmy...@jyxk16274849.net> wrote:
[snip]
>> > So did something go wrong with the installer, or is it all
>> > supposed to work somehow differently?
>>
>> Because Python 3 breaks compatibility with Python 2, the installers
>> don't install it as the default. The executable should be at
>> /usr/local/bin/python3.0
>
> By default, the 3.0.1 installer does not install any links in
> /usr/local/bin.  To do so, run or re-run the installer, click
> Customize, and then select the "UNIX command-line tools" package.
> That creates /usr/local/python3.0 and /usr/local/python links, among
> others.

Ah, I see! Thanks, I missed the "Customize" option during the install
dialogues. That takes care of the symlinks in /usr/local/bin, although
I notice that it still leaves some dangling symlinks under
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework that point to a nonexistent
"Current" directory. I guess it's safe to ignore these.

--
Raoul Gough.