On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:13:32 +0300, rumours say that Maxim Kasimov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> might have written:

>but what if i just can't to do this becouse i'm working thrue ssh, and have to
>use only installed editors (such as vi)

If you use plain vi (not vim) and you want to comment e.g. 5 lines of
code, go to the first of these five and:

- if autoindent type:

        5>>O^Dif 0:{ESC}

^D above is Ctrl-D, {ESC} is your Escape key

- if noautoindent type:

        YP^Cif 0:{ESC}j5>>

^C above is literal ^, literal C, *NOT* Ctrl-C; {ESC} is your Escape key

To control autoindent, you can type:

:se ai

or

:se noai

If you need more help, I would gladly send you the output of `man vi'
from a non-GNU Unix.  I can also send you the output of `man vim' from a
GNU system.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.