Daniel wrote:
Hello,

I've posted about this before, but after reading the docs, I have a
few more questions
here are the docs: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/modules.html#packages
here is my previous post:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/3a352159f6828eb9/cda8395d36827d20

I've setup some directories for the sound package, exactly as shown in
the examples in the docs.  In the surround file I put the lines

from . import echo
from .. import formats
from ..filters import equalizer

again, exactly as in the docs.  When I run surround.py, I get the
following result:
C:\sound\effects>python surround.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "surround.py", line 1, in <module>
    from . import echo
(1) You really should identify your OS and Python version.  I am fairly
certain it is some form of Windows, but ....
Try something like:
    C:\sound\effects> cd C:\
    C:\> python -m sound.effects.surround

(2) you can run
    python -v surround.py
or
    python -vv surround.py
To see files opened (or attempted and opened for -vv) in order to
discover what exactly is tried and in what order on imports.
Warning: the output is huge.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.dani...@acm.org