Why buy an IDE when you just need a text editor ? I don't get it.
Anyway gvim (aka vim aka vi) and emacs are the most powerful editors for years. Both have Windows and Linux version and most important, they both are very effective at editing any file type (python, C, latex, love letters...) Emacs is more accessible to the newby but requires time to master its complex features. Gvim may be complex for the newby due to its command/insertion mode constant switch, but is as powerful as emacs can be. Being a gvim adept, I should stat that gvim is far better but it would only feed the neverending war.

Jean-Michel

Lacrima wrote:
I am new to python.
And now I am using trial version of Wing IDE.
But nobody mentioned it as a favourite editor.
So should I buy it when trial is expired or there are better choices?