Gökhan SEVER wrote:
I don't know how easy to use pygame or pyOpenGL for data animation comparing to Mayavi.

Mayavi uses VTK as its visualization engine which is an OpenGL based library. I would like to learn more about how alternative tools might be beneficial say for example atmospheric particle simulation or realistic cloud simulation.

I've just started to read more about Particle Swarm Optimization and
since I plan to implement this in Python, I thought it would be nice
to visualize the process too, without spending too much on the nitty
gritty details of graphics.

Esmail, you may ask your question in Matplotlib users group for more detailed input.

good idea, thanks,

Esmail