Robert Kern wrote:
On 2009-06-05 16:09, mik...@gmail.com wrote:

It's not that I need it, I can sure use it. I can also write a wrapper
myself.
My secret agenda is too see if other people want it and write it as an
addition to the standard lib, thus wetting my feet in Python Core
Development without actually breaking anything :)

My gut feeling is that it's too new. In a year, the current round of the SHA-3 competition will be over, you will have much more information about how MD6 fares against its competitors, and you will still have

A wrapper could go on PyPI now so it can be tested in use *before* going in the stdlib. No commit or pre-review needed either.