On Jun 10, 2009, at 10:38 PM, Karl Jansson wrote:

Hi,

I was doing the tutorial at http://www.python.org/doc/current/tutorial/ , and I came across some code that did not work, and I got the following error: AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'format'.

So I downloaded a .dmg of python 2.6.2 and then I installed it. But it's not working. Running the Python launcher, the "new" command in the file menu is grey, and won't work, so I can't make any scripts.

Does anyone know how to make python 2.6.2 work in mac os x?

Hi Stefan,
What's "the Python launcher"? What happens if you instead open a Terminal window (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and type "python"?

bye