newsmas...@bellsouth.net wrote:
Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service.  If you wish to continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party vendors.

http://support.att.net/usenet

Ah ha. I think I may have figured out how to work around it. I need to use my EasyNews server to post the message, (with "SSL"), rather than the ATT server. I think. Maybe. Does anyone know if it's possible to have Thunderbird use different outgoing servers for different accounts?

I know this is not a Python question. Please forgive me. The main reason I'm sending these messages is just to see if they go through.