Greg Ewing wrote:
Steven Bethard wrote:

Gigi wrote:

I need access to a function object that corresponds to a frame object in a certain case from inside the function.

Can you look up the code's co_name in the previous frame's locals?

You probably also need to check the previous frame's globals... And there are probably some cases where this code still wouldn't work...

Note that in general it's impossible to tell exactly
which function object was involved, since there could
be more than one function object sharing the same code
object, and the frame only references the code object.

I can get the co_name and everything that's available from the code object. However, I can't get to the actual function object. I need the function object to get a custom function attribute that was injected earlier as context. I didn't know that code objects could be shared. I guess it really makes the whole thing impossible, unless the code object kept a list of all the functions that share it. Thanks, anyway. I found a different solution.