En Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:55:07 -0300, lkcl <luke.leigh...@googlemail.com> escribió:
On Jun 23, 10:59 pm, smartmobili <v.richo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I wanted to know if you have some patch to compile python 3.x on mingw
platform because I found some
but doesn't work very well :

 you should compile a 2.N version.
 [...]
  http://bugs.python.org/issue5046 states that i am not allowed to
post "work in progress", despite it being significantly complete, and
despite it being worthwhile to have added in as-is into the standard
python repository.

What you've been told is not to use the Python bug tracker as a blog. You could write about your progresses in *another* place, and maybe from time to time post a link here so interested people is aware of it.

 by cutting most of configure out and going with a pre-prepared
Config.h i was able to reduce that time down to (only) about 10
minutes.

That's fine, the "official" Windows build uses a hand written config.h too.

 like all free software projects, there is considerable additional
work to be done: everything is "work in progress", but thanks to the
python developers applying one standard to themselves on what
constitutes "work in progress" and another for contributors, you will
not get the benefit of my input and expertise until you (python users)
can get the python developers to treat my efforts to help users with a
little more respect.

If you expect your work to be taken seriously, work seriously. Randomly changing code until some symptom disappears isn't a very good practice, I'd say. Try to polish the patches a little until you are happy with them, and only then submit them.

--
Gabriel Genellina