Stefan Behnel wrote:
João Valverde wrote:
Besides some interface glitches, like returning None
on delete if I recall correctly.

That's actually not /that/ uncommon. Operations that change an object are
not (side-effect free) functions, so it's just purity if they do not have a
return value.

Although practicality beats purity, sometimes... ;)

Stefan
I didn't know that. But in this case I think purity gets pummeled every time :) It's still not making sense to force a lookup to fetch something before deleting (another lookup operation). If that were imposed by python's internal machinery I'd suggest fixing that instead.