Mag Gam wrote:
Peter:

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

While reading my csv file, notice I am putting the content in an array.

If lets say, row[5] has nothing in it, python gives an exception.
Instead of the exception, I would like to assign 'NULL' to row[5].

Does that help?

You still didn't say what the exception was!

Anyway, if you expect 'row' to contain 11 items, then you could append
the missing ones:

for s, row in enumerate(reader):
    # Fill any empty slots with "NULL".
    row = [r or "NULL" for r in row]
    # Append missing (empty) slots on the end.
    row += ["NULL"] * (11 - len(row))
    d[s] = np.array([tuple(row)], dtype=mtype)