On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:15:24 +0100, Crip <cripplem...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have been experimenting with pygame. I would like to know how to go
about placing an image of my creation as the background of the
generated window. To where should I save the image, and what should it
be saved as?

Wherever will be most useful to you (the same directory as where you
are developing your game is often good).  You can use most of the common
formats, so pick whatever's most appropriate for your image.

The documentation is at http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/image.html
In particular, you use pygame.image.load() to load your file into a
surface, then blit it into your display.  Some resizing may be
necessary!