Steven D'Aprano wrote:

There is some evidence that 30-60% of people simply cannot learn to program, no matter how you teach them:

http://www.cs.mdx.ac.uk/research/PhDArea/saeed/

I'm sympathetic to the idea, but not entirely convinced. Perhaps the problem isn't with the students, but with the teachers, and the languages:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~damian/papers/PDF/SevenDeadlySins.pdf

(My money is that it's a little of both.)

Very interesting articles. Not suprising (to me, at least) -- everybody has their strengths and weaknesses. I will never be, and could never have been, any kind of sports person; I don't have the right personality to be a good people person; I don't have the knack for writing stories. Not everyone can do anything, or even many things.

~Ethan~