Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:28:29 -0700, Scott David Daniels wrote:
Steven D'Aprano wrote:
Even *soup stock* fits the same profile as what Hendrik claims is
almost unique to programming. On its own, soup stock is totally
useless. But you make it, now, so you can you feed it into something
else later on.
Or instant coffee.
I think I'll avoid coming to your house for a cup of coffee. :-)
I meant the instant coffee powder is prepared in advance. It's useless on it's own, but later on you feed it into boiling water, add sugar and milk, and it's slightly less useless.

I know, but the image of even a _great_ soup stock with instant
coffee poured in, both appalled me and made me giggle.  So, I
thought I'd share.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.dani...@acm.org