On 2009-07-27 06:24, Martin wrote:
Hi,

I am new to python and I was wondering if there was a way to speed up
the way I index 2D arrays when I need to check two arrays
simultaneously? My current implementations is (using numpy) something
like the following...

for i in range(numrows):
     for j in range(numcols):

         if array_1[i, j] == some_value or array_2[i, j]>= array_1[i,
j] * some_other_value
             array_1[i, j] = some_new_value

Peter has given you good answers, but you will probably want to ask future numpy questions on the numpy mailing list.

  http://www.scipy.org/Mailing_Lists

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."