En Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:00:27 -0300, Steven D'Aprano
<st...@remove-this-cybersource.com.au> escribió:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:23:41 -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
En Mon, 27 Jul 2009 12:57:40 -0300, jakecjacobson
<jakecjacob...@gmail.com> escribió:

I was wondering if this is due to the server having a invalid server
cert?  If I go to this server in my browser, I get a "This server tried
to identify itself with invalid information".  Is there a way to ignore
this issue with Python?  Can I setup a trust store and add this server
to the trust store?

I don't see the point in trusting someone that you know is telling lies
about itself.

Don't you? It's just commonsense risk assessment.

It's far more likely that the server has an incorrectly setup certificate
managed by an incompetent sys admin than it is that somebody is eaves-
dropping on my connection to https://somerandom.site.com/something-trivial

Fire the sys admin then :)
I don't see the point on "fixing" either the Python script or httplib to
accomodate for an invalid server certificate... If it's just for internal
testing, I'd use HTTP instead (at least until the certificate is fixed).

--
Gabriel Genellina