Martin P. Hellwig wrote:
John Nagle wrote:
There's something strange about this URL:

"https://sagar310.pontins.com/sraep/";
It looks to me like the SSL handshake is not done properly from the server side.

Compare the output of:
openssl s_client -host sagar310.pontins.com -port 443 -debug -showcerts -msg

With (for example):
openssl s_client -host www.google.com -port 443 -debug -showcerts -msg

  OpenSSL is clearly not happy with that site.  But it doesn't hang.

openssl s_client -host sagar310.pontins.com -port 443 -debug -showcerts  -msg

eventually prints

"Verify return code: 19 (self signed certificate in certificate chain)"
That's weird, because there's a Verisign certificate in the chain.
That site is somehow mishandling its certs.

My problem, though, is that M2Crypto 0.17 is hanging for hours to days
on those connections.

                                        John Nagle