On Aug 4, 2009, at 8:25 AM, Thangappan.M wrote:

Dear all,

While installing PyGreSQl module in my machine I got the error as pg_config
command not found.
I am not a super user.
how can I install this pg_config tool.

Thangappan,
pg_config is part of PostgreSQL. It reports various pieces of information about the Postgres installation, like the BINDIR, INCLUDEDIR, compile flags, version etc. If PostgreSQL is installed on your machine, then I'll bet that pg_config is also installed, but it isn't on your path so the PyGreSQl installer can't find it.

When you're having trouble installing a specific package like PyGreSQl, you'll probably get better answers by posting your questions to a specific mailing list:

By searching the archives you might even find that your question has been answered already.

Good luck
Philip