Gabriel Genellina schrieb:
En Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:07:39 -0300, Lawrence Wong <lawrence...@hotmail.com> escribió:

I wrote a program which runs a .bat file using os.system like: 'os.system(pathToBatFile)' and everything was good. Then I decided to turn my program into a service as opposed to being run with the command prompt showing. When my program became a service, I noticed that the os.system command to run my .bat file was no longer working. By 'not working' I mean no exception is thrown, but it was as if the line with os.system(pathToBatFile) did not exist. I was wondering why this is and if there is a way to fix this or what an alternative to using os.system to run my .bat file was?

Capture stdout and stderr and you'll probably see the error message:

some_command >logfile.txt 2>&1

Which isn't possible as a service.

The OP might consider using suprocess istead of os.system, and establish pipes to read the output of the command into a file he can analyze.

Diez