Nobody wrote:
On Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:35:57 -0700, Robert Dailey wrote:

I'm creating a python script that is going to try to search a text
file for any text that matches my regular expression. The thing it is
looking for is:

FILEVERSION #,#,#,#

The # symbol represents any number that can be any length 1 or
greater. Example:

FILEVERSION 1,45,10082,3

The regex should only match the exact above. So far here's what I have
come up with:

re.compile( r'FILEVERSION (?:[0-9]+\,){3}[0-9]+' )

[0-9]+ allows any number of leading zeros, which is sometimes undesirable.
Using:

is more robust.

You make a good point about possibly being undesirable, but I question the assertion that your solution is /more robust/. If the OP wants/needs to match numbers even with leading zeroes your /more robust/ version fails.

~Ethan~