gert schrieb:
On Aug 9, 3:17 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de...@nospam.web.de> wrote:
gert schrieb:

I working on a resume upload script and encountered the following
problems
sql: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'SUBSTR(picture,?)' with text
'\ufffd\ufff
d\ufffd\ufffd↑!Exif------------Ef1gL6KM7Ij5ae0gL6KM7cH2cH2GI3
You are treating a binary data column as if it were a string. That's
bogus, you need to use a blob column.

Also I wouldn't combine the uplodaded chunks until the full upload is
finished - and even then only if I actually need the data.

Diez

And the best solution would be to use TEXT instead or some sort of
SUBBIN that i do not know of in sqlite ?

No, the best solution would be to use "BLOB", and no SUB*-stuff, but instead a 1:n-relation of chunks, that when the upload is finished you can easily combine in python to one large blob, storing that in the DB again.

Diez