On 2009-08-24 08:32 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:

> From the distance it looks like these children need a good teacher
rather than a bad (or just starting) programmer.

Wow, that is rude. Let's keep this list friendly, won't we ?

I may have been too blunt, and if my message has come across as an insult I
apologize for that. Let me try again:

If you are trying to teach children that are unwilling to use pen and paper
putting them in front of a computer doesn't help you and them one bit. As a
starting programmer you'll have to spend a lot of time in front of your
computer that may be better spent with your students.

I suspect everyone is reading too much into the word "aversion". There may be physical or mental handicaps involved, not the personal preference of the students. In such a case, the OP's word choice is not ideal, but the readers here should give a little more thought before assuming the most ludicrous interpretation.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco