Phil a écrit :
 When
I gave that arbitrary percentage, I was basing it off of the
information I had seen with regards to launching applications built
with existing frameworks using lighttpd. I do realize I was missing a
lot of information by looking up something that specific.

Indeed !-)

I also
understand that there are enough frameworks. That still won't change
my mind. I do not want to write a web application, otherwise I would
use an existing framework as suggested. I just wanted to experiment
and see what kind of framework I could develop with some ideas I had
in mind.

I wrote quite a couple web and non web frameworks myself - all ending up in the trash can FWIW, but it certainly has been a very educative experience by itself.

 I just really like some of the new features of
Python 3, and most importantly, unicode compliance is just that much
straight forward in my opinion.

If you're only writing your framework for learning purposes, you could as well go with Python 3, and implement everything from the ground up (not a trivial task FWIW).