On Aug 29, 2009, at 3:54 AM, Sortie wrote:

I want to write a program that will use ode for the physics
simulation, whose python bindings are outdated. So I'm writing
the physics engine in C and want to write the drawing code in
Python. What will be the best way of making those two programs
work together? THe physics engine won't have to run concurrently
with the drawing code. It will only return some position data so
they can be drawn.

I'd look at ctypes first, as Hendrik suggested. It's pretty simple and part of the standard library.

If that doesn't work for you for some reason and you're willing to use something outside of the standard library, you might find Cython useful.

Good luck
Philip